Tuesday, April 17, 2012

CIS

Last Wednesday I went to volunteer again in McNamara Elementary School. It was a great experience because I got to meet and interact with different students as well as with some that I had already met before. The students were very excited to have us there again and it made me feel welcomed because even though they are young students, they still know how to appreciate our time and effort. We started the volunteering by taking the students to the restroom and then we started tutoring them. While I was tutoring the students, another student that I had helped the week before, came up to me and gave me a drawing that she had made for me. The drawing was beautifully colored and the student said, "Thanks for being here." I was joyful to see the impact I have made in the students' lives already, even though I had gone to volunteer a couple of times. Next week, on Wednesday, McNamara Elementary School is having a lunch for the volunteers to appreciate our presence. I am very excited to attend this lunch and I will continue to volunteer even after this. Even though this experience is not done yet, I feel that it has changed me and the students of the elementary.

No comments:

Post a Comment