Monday, April 30, 2012

My last day volunteering in McNamara went great and I could not have asked for a better way to end it. There were activities going around the school and the students were very busy in getting things done. Mr. Renfro was helping the students out with a song. They were practicing this song because they were going to perform it and it needed to be well done. I got the chance to meet the dance teacher of McNamara, which came out to be a professional dancer that is in a company called Dance Force Productions. I really found this fascinating! The students kept practicing the song and they were having a lot of fun, because not only were they singing, but they also had a choreography. I was helping the students stay on beat with the music and cheering them up into performing better each time. The time went by fast, and when I realized it was almost time for me to leave. It was a sad moment because I had already created a bond between me and the students. The students told me good bye and gave me a hug. I felt like crying of joy because they showed how much they appreciated all the time I had given to them, and all that time I will never regret. Being in CIS gave me a new perspective of how to look at life. It taught me how to appeciate what is here for me. I would not change this experience in my life for anything because I found it really rewarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment