Monday, April 23, 2012

CIS

Last Wednesday I had the wonderful chance to volunteer again in McNamara Elementary, but it was a special day because Mr. Renfro held a lunch for all the volunteers. When I arrived there, the appreciation lunch was already going on and I I was welcomed. The names of the volunteers were called out and we received a certificate and an applaud from the audience. Mr. Renfro gave a speech and I realized that we make a great impact in the lives of students. The students are happy to see that someone that they don't know actually cares about them. It feels wonderful to know that we make a a difference in a student's life. We are there to support them and let them know that they are important. Then lunch was served and I ate. The food was great and the atmosphere made feel comfortable. After the lunch was over, I helped out kindergarten students with their homework. I really enjoyed tutoring these students because they are so sweet. Right before the after school program ended, the students danced and I had a lot of fun watching them smile and have fun. This week should also be a fun week because we are starting a garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment